EEfaq论坛-赚客自留地

找回密码
 免费注册
查看: 2076|回复: 20

The End of Micro-Niche Sites?

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
原文链接:http://onlineincomelab.com/the-end-of-micro-niche-sites/
Way back in October of 2010, I started to dabble with building micro-niche websites to make money as an Amazon affiliate. I made my first sale within 30 days and was pretty stoked, to say the least.

时间倒退到2010年,我开始试水建立一些微型的Amazon利基站点。30日后我获得了收益。

Over the next few months, I built about 30 micro-niche sites and my income continued to climb. Then in about June of 2011 I purchased my first authority site from a past business colleague and immediately set out to boost the sites performance as fast as I could.

数月过去,我建立了大概30个微型利基站点,我的收入持续增长。大概在2011的6月,我推出了我的第一个权威站点,这是基于我以前的商业经验而建立的。

Shortly after that, I sold most of my first round of Amazon micro-niche sites and set out to build more Adsense micro-niche sites. As of this writing, 77% of those 30 sites are on the first page of Google and earning me a nice passive income.

不久之后,我卖掉了许多我第一轮建立的微型的Amazon利基站点,并开始建设更多的微型的Adsense利基站点。在我写这篇文章的时候,我建立的30个站点,其中有77%的都进入了google的法眼,给了我第一页的位置,当然我的收益也更加稳定
So, if all is well, why am I writing a post titled “The End of Micro-Niche Sites?”

当然啦,如果一切平安,我为什么还要写这篇文章呢?
The reason I’m writing this post is because I want to share with my readers what is going on in the world of niche sites and what I’m doing to adapt my business to this latest round of changes

我写这篇文章是因为,我想同大家分享一下:微型利基站点的世界将会发生什么事情。当然还要就是,在最新的形势面前,我会为我的事业做出怎样的改变。

It all started about a month ago with the demise of BuildMyRank. Google, in one fell swoop, de-indexed their entire network of sites and in doing so, forced BMR to close up shop. You can read more about this in a prior post
这是事关数月前,BMR之死(熊猫与企鹅的盛宴中,非著名买卖链接网站buildMyRank以近绝望的语气表达:“这里再没有我的位置了。”)
Around this same time, most of my micro-niche sites took, what turned out to be a temporary drop in the rankings and this kinda freaked me out. After all, I’m a guy who’s entire livelihood was build on micro-niche sites, and if that model was dead, so was I.

本来我觉得与我无关,但在BMR宣布死亡的同时,我许多微型利基站点居然产生了不同程度的排名下降,我大吃一惊,我只是一个靠这些站点养活自己的苦逼站长,如果这样的商业模式死翘翘的话,我。。。
I Needed To Look at My Business Model我需要重新审视我的商业模式

Not being one to sit around, I immediately started to have a very close look at what I was doing, as well as what I was teaching in my membership site so that I could determine what changes I needed to make in order to ensure that my business was going to be viable for years to come.  

无人会坐以待毙的,我马上重新去审视我的所作所为。就像我在培训课程中告诫你们一样,我必须要决定哪些需要改变的,使我的事业可以在未来几年还可以继续。
Here’s What I Concluded这些是我的推论。

After taking stock of my business, I drew a number of conclusions:

盘点了我的事业,我得出以下推论
  • Micro-niche sites still make money…but for how long? (impossible to know)(微型利基站依然盈利,但能持续多久呢?)
  • Google is making it harder for webmasters to rank micro-niche sites(google大神已经使微型利基站难已获得排名)
  • My authority sites are still doing incredibly well(但我的权威站点依然坚挺)
  • Link building for authority sites is really easy if you provide great content(外链建设对于权威站点来说十分容易,当然你有好的内容)
  • If my business is to last for years, I needed to be proactive and change now, rather than waiting until the last minute

补充内容 (2013-4-11 18:07):
这篇文章是以前在旧的广告中国汉的骄阳推荐的一个站长的博客的文章,文章内容可能有点oldday了,不过确实是手工翻译的,不过文章的确有启发性的
 楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:12 | 显示全部楼层
Like I said earlier, 77% if my micro-niches sites remain on page one of Google and the best

performer is making me $300 a month for doing nothing. I love making money for doing nothing…but I

hate risk, so I needed to adjust my strategy to reduce my risk.
What risk am I talking about? Dependence on a single source of traffic and income; namelyGoogle!

就像我之前所说的,如果我77%的站点依然在第一页,而我最好的站点,即使我什么事情都不做,他依然能每个月带给我

300刀,我真想什么都不做,但我很讨厌危险,所以我只可以远离危险。
我说的是什么危险?基于单一的流量源和收入,说的就是-Google

The very first thing I did was to remove the Adsense off the bottom 2/3 of my sites. If you

understand the 80/20 rule, you’ll realize that the overall reduction in my income was not very

much, but by significantly reducing the number of sites in my Adsense account, my hope is that I

will stay off their radar.

我所做的第一件事就是,移走2/3adsnese的广告位,听起来好像很多,但如果你知道8/2定律,就知道其实我的收入没有

很大影响,但可以使我的adsnese账户马上少了许多站点,我希望不要成为他们打击的对象。

If you think I’m being overly cautious, consider my friend Spencer Haws over at NichePursuits.com.

On Friday, Spencer’s Adsense account was closed due to “invalid clicks”, which is Google’s catch

all for “we closed your account because we felt like it”. Spencer has blogged about his

misfortune, so you can read it yourself here if you like. Near as he could tell (and it was a

guess), the large number of sites that he owns was what probably put him on Google’s radar for a

manual review.

如果你认为我过于小心,细想一下我朋友的NichePursuits.com,我朋友的adsnese账户居然在星期五被关闭,理由是“无效点击”。就好像说我关闭你的账户是因为我喜欢。如果你有兴趣了解,可以去我朋友的博客度看看。

The reason Google doesn’t like micro-niche sites is because they don’t really create a fantastic user experience. Instead, these sites tend to exist solely for the purpose of getting Adsense clicks. Now, as a capitalist, I have zero issue with that, however, like I said above, as a business owner, my goal is to avoid risk, so if Google wants higher quality sites, I’m going to create them!
As a side note: I have quite a few sites in the $5-10/month neighborhood, so if you’d like to buy a few of them, get in touch.
点解google不喜欢这些微型利基站点,是因为他们并没有创造令用户惊喜的东西,他们只是一心想要用户们点广告。作为商业公司,这样的商业行为无可厚非,就好像我之前所讲,我作为一个生意人,我的目标是远离风险,所以如果google想要高质量的站点,那我就创造高质量的站点吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:13 | 显示全部楼层
Actions I’ve Taken to Adjust My Strategy
战略调整
Before setting out to change the training in Niche Site Mastery, I had to ask myself if I was qualified to teach people about authority sites. Here’s how that process went in my head:
在我的培训课程开始作出调整前,我不得不捂心自问,我有资格给人们去做培训吗?我有成功的案例吗?
        * Do I own profitable authority sites? Yes.(我在权威站点上盈利吗?)
        * Have I built profitable authority sites from scratch? Yes.(我是从零开始建设我的权威站点吗?)
        * Have I built sites that got to page one of Google? Yes, many of them.(我已经建立了能拍在google首页的网站吗?)
        * Do I plan to build more? Yes.(我有计划去建设更多吗?)
        * Will I learn more strategies and share those with my customers? Yes.(我会学习更多并分享更多吗?)
        * Is outsourcing still needed to build them and am I an expert at outsourcing? Yes.(可以通过外包的方式实现吗?我是外包的专家吗?)
        * Does my background as a CEO qualify me to teach people about building a real business with real customers? Yes.(我有教人们如何去做实体生意的背景吗?)
        * Have I successfully built a mailing list? Yes.(我成功的建设了一个订阅清单吗?)
        * Have I been successful in monetizing that list? Yes.(我成功地从这些订阅名单上获利吗?)
        * Do I earn a full-time living from my authority sites alone? Yes.(我只靠我的权威站点能活得滋润吗?)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:14 | 显示全部楼层
Now, in case you are wondering which authority sites I own, I’m going to share them both with you.
好吧,说了这么多,你肯定在想,我究竟有个怎样的权威站点值得一提的呢?马上同你分享

Case Study #1
案例1
The first one is my cleaning site. As I have already disclosed on numerous occasions, I did not build this site. Instead, I bought it and since buying it, I have approximately doubled the monthly income to $800 per month from just Adsense.
At this point, I do absolutely nothing to the site on a day-to-day basis. I don’t add content and I don’t add links. In fact, neither the prior owner nor myself has ever built a link to this site. Despite that, it has over 5000 links!
这就是我的www.howtocleananything.com了,我都已经同大家分享了好多次了。这个网站不是我建的,我只是买的,当我买下它的时候,他就是现在这个样子了,但我倍增了这个站点的收入,现在达到了800刀没有。我并没有做日常的维护,我没有增加任何内容,没有添加任何外链。但事实上它不需要你去建立链接了,他已经超过了5000条外链了。

登录/注册后可看大图

So, if I’ve never built any links, how come there are so many? Simple. The site has content that people actually want to link to. This is why this site is Google-proof and will be around for quite some time yet.
但是,如果你从没有去做外链建设,点解会有这么多外链数的?简单啦,这个站点的内容确是人们需要的,所以点解这个站点能入google的法眼了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:15 | 显示全部楼层
Case Study #2
案例2
My next authority site didn’t exist about a year ago. I built it from scratch and I chose arguably the most competitive niche on the planet. Why? Simple…I knew that it was also a very profitable niche to be in.
Here’s a quick look at the traffic. It has dropped a bit as of late because I haven’t published a post in a few weeks.
我另外一个权威站点建立了但并没有够一年。我一切从零开始,并选择了一个可能是地球上竞争最激烈的niche,为什么我会选这个?简单啦,就是因为他足够高利润。
来看看我的流量情况吧,流量有些许下降,是因为我有几个星期没有干货分享了。

登录/注册后可看大图

Since launching this site, I have used it to build a mailing list of just shy of 4,000 people and the site has earned a total of $37,679.24.

自从我运营这个网站,我用它来建立了一个订阅列表,有点不好意思,只有区区4000人订阅了。所以我只收入了$37,679.24(22万RMB

At this point in time, the site’s average monthly income is about $5,000 and I only need to put in about 2 hours a week to run it. Don’t have two hours? Then try this strategy and do it in as little as 15 minutes (assuming you have a virtual assistant to help you).

此时此刻,这个网站平均每月入账5000刀,但我只需要每个星期话费两个小时去运营。哈,你太忙,连2小时都没有,我这里有篇攻略可以令你15分钟完成所以要做的事情。(这是博主的另一篇文章,大家想看的话,我有空翻译翻译吧。)

In terms of links, I have also never built a single link to this site, yet, as of now, there are 863 links that were built entirely by other people…and I never asked any of them to do it.

又要谈到外链这个最香最臭最爱最恨的话题了。我从来不会为外链而去做外链的,但这个站点有863条连接,不关我的事,我没有叫他们链接我的网站的.

登录/注册后可看大图

As you can now see, the site I’m talking about is this very blog.

哈哈,讲了这么久,你终于知道这个站点就是你现在在看的这个博客了,世界上还有什么niche竞争剧烈得过网络赚钱这个niche呢?当然世界上还有许许多多的niche的,走那条路你自己选。
Think about it for a moment. What is the Online Income Lab blog? Its an authority site in themake money online niche; which is just a niche like any other of hundreds of niches you could choose from.
Don’t think you could do this? Guess again. A year ago, I didn’t know anything about blogging or making money online. All I did was start a blog to chronicle my journey towards success. The byproduct of this was that I have become a (relatively) well known authority in the niche
认为自己无法做过这个成绩?想想吧,一年前,我对如何运营一个博客或者如何在网上挣钱一无所知,我只是从一个博客开始走向成功的。起码在这个niche我不再是一文不名的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:16 | 显示全部楼层
Could You Do This?
你可以做得到
So, there you have it, my take on how to build a long-lasting online business with authority sites. You can either pick a topic where you can be totally invisible like my cleaning site, or you can pick a topic where you (or your pen name) is on center stage. Or, if you prefer, you could pick a topic somewhere in between.
怎样,你明白了怎样去通过建设权威网站来建立一项会持续很久的事业了吗?
My point is this: in order to build a real business that is going to last for years to come, my advice is that you build a business that adds real value to the lives of the people who come to your sites.
Do that and Google will love you forever.
我的建议是:带给你的访客真正的价值,尊重每一个IP。google大神会保佑你的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29:17 | 显示全部楼层
多谢各位看完这篇文章,翻译质量有限,望大家包涵,我是dofast和52fast的学员,英语还在提高当中。上面的文章的两个案例都是国外的,下面我还有一个国内的。

网上创业的方法有很多,但我比较看重的标准是:
1、必须简单可行,有法可依(我并不聪明,太复杂的我搞不定)
2、必须是做自己喜欢做的事(这样我才有兴趣做)
3、必须没有风险(没有人喜欢风险)
4、必须收益稳定可持续(这才叫长久的事业)
5、必须越做越轻松(这是最难的)

http://www.wpcourse.com/
它完全符合了前面提到的网络创业标准:
1、必须简单可行,有法可依(我的网站就是一个成功的参照)
2、必须是做自己喜欢做的事(我爱WordPress)
3、必须没有风险(我几乎没有投入什么)
4、必须收益稳定可持续(这已经证明)
5、必须越做越轻松(这是最难的,但也已经证明)

对比3个网站,希望大家能够有自己的发展模式

评分

参与人数 2e币 +4 收起 理由
月光飞燕 + 3 你自己一定没理解
无敌小子 + 1 谢谢分享!

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 16:14:37 | 显示全部楼层
先占个位,慢慢看了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 16:52:38 | 显示全部楼层
迅速浏览了下。翻译在修改下吧,应该是机器翻的然后修改的吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 16:57:20 | 显示全部楼层
dogcome 发表于 2013-4-9 15:29
多谢各位看完这篇文章,翻译质量有限,望大家包涵,我是dofast和52fast的学员,英语还在提高当中。上面的文 ...

发现外链
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 17:17:43 | 显示全部楼层
看起来不错,支持下
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 17:54:47 | 显示全部楼层
有点长~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 18:03:59 | 显示全部楼层
带给你的访客真正的价值。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 18:58:27 | 显示全部楼层
说的还是不错的

点评

呵呵  发表于 2014-8-4 17:57
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-9 19:00:35 | 显示全部楼层
这么长啊      
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-10 01:48:18 | 显示全部楼层
英文文章很有价值。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-11 18:31:02 | 显示全部楼层
最近在看一篇教程是关于:Authorit Sites, Minisites, And Piggybacksmini,所以翻出一篇相关的文章,是想和大家探讨一下的,不过可能大家不喜欢长文章,或者我的水平太水了。没有什么回应。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-7 20:02:53 | 显示全部楼层
楼主翻译得好,受教了,谢谢。辛苦了、
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-9 09:17:03 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
挺不错的,学到点东西,逆向思维很想要
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-8-4 10:44:27 | 显示全部楼层
不错不错,谢谢楼主啦~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~